Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"God doesn't replace, He replenishes"

   Photography shouldn't be just about taking pictures.  It is about telling a story.  I remember sitting up late at night with my grandmother as she took out each photo of family and friends that were long past.  She valued each one of those pictures, and we spent countless nights going over the names again and again.  I wonder sometimes if I will embark on the same journey with my future grandchildren.  As I got older, I forgot how important those photos were, but when my grandmother died... those photos were my only wish.  I didn't want anything except those photos because they told a story.  I guess that is why I blog about my time behind the camera... to tell the story. 


I will not go into details about this family's story, but I will say that this precious child was an answered prayer a little over a year ago.  I am so blessed the family asked me to take her one-year pictures.  She is a beautiful girl with a big future, and her sisters and brothers just swoon over her.  (Yes, I just used the word swoon).  My husband attended this shoot with me, and we had the best time just loving on and be loved on by this family.  I love all types of photography, and there is just something special about children.  Thank you for taking time to visit my site.  If you would like to schedule an appointment, please call me (Paula Bean) at 501-652-6295







No comments:

Post a Comment