Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Precious Baby

 Children are a blessing from God himself, and motherhood is an honor.  I am reminded of these two truths when I come in contact with mothers (esp. new mothers), and their precious children.  To see the love between a mother and their child is one thing, but to be invited into their homes and lives to capture that love is something entirely different and a huge blessing! 

      I met this family through a friend.  The mother and father were both troopers.  They didn't seem anxious at all when I picked up their newborn and went outside.  They were so willing and very helpful.  They also have a precious three-year-old who is a very protective older brother.  He made sure as soon as I got there that I wasn't allowed to touch his little brother. :)  However, once the newness wore off he was much more willing and even told me that I could take pictures in his bedroom if I wanted. 

      We had such a great time, and the newborn did amazing!  I mean, seriously, he stayed asleep almost the entire time allowing me the freedom to move him and place him just like I wanted.  It went so well, and I am excited to see this lovely family again.  Truth is, newborns are never EASY, but when you have a family that is this trusting and willing, it makes the shooting process much more enjoyable.  Congratulations to the Laymons, and may there be many more children in your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment